CORONAVIRUS lockdown in the WORLD is entering its fifth week being pandemic whole world is facing serious lockdown. people are still only able to leave their homes for essential activities like one buying emergency rations, medicines or treatments. Many are concerned about weight gain and their fitness goals.
Stress and COVID-19 come hand in hand as we all know News these days are bombarded with important yet depressing affairs all around the world this is the last thing you need to get in order to have healthy immunity and body weight.
Cortisol hormones also are known as stress hormones are responsible for your flight and fight response (imagine if a dog starts chasing you how your body will react to that) your heartbeat will rise and many such activities will raise that include suppress of your digestive system blood sugar will fluctuate your blood pressure will start rising this is good for you if a dog is chasing but in a long term it decorates your health.
- Stress and anxiety can make your immunity to fight against COVID-19 or any pathogens hard
- Getting enough and regular quality sleep is an important component of your physical and mental health.
- Sleep deprivation may reduce your immune system and increase inflammation in the body which in turn makes it difficult to fight.
- always make sure to relax meditate and divert your mind in what makes you feel alive.
- keep in touch with your loved one’s family, friends, children.
#2 Stop Emotional Eating.
Stop emotional or rather say stress eating at a bay cause that not gonna solve the issue rather make it worse for you in the long run.
we humans are Emotional being and food not only feeds our body but our emotions too high calories high carbs or high savoury foods do the tricks that’s right it plays the tricks to the brain by signalling happy hormones ( There are four primary chemicals in the brain that affect happiness: dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphins.)
It’s amazing to feel this way but do not let it conquer your conscious so be in control with your way of happiness as too much of these hormones makes the receptors to de-sensitise that makes its harder to achieve next time.
- If you’re depressed or lonely, call someone who always makes you feel better, plays with your dog or cat, or look at a favourite photo or cherished memento.
- If you’re anxious, expend your nervous energy by dancing to your favourite song, squeezing a stress ball, or taking a brisk walk.
- If you’re exhausted, treat yourself with a hot cup of tea, take a bath, light some scented candles, or wrap yourself in a warm blanket.
- If you’re bored, read a good book, watch a comedy show, explore the outdoors, or turn to an activity you enjoy (woodworking, playing the guitar, shooting hoops, scrapbooking, etc.).
#3 Beginning a new relationship with Fruits and Vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables as sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Fruits and vegetables play an important role in human nutrition and health, particularly as sources of vitamin C, thiamine, niacin, pyridoxine, folic acid, minerals, and dietary fiber. Yet we neglect its power to heal and make our life more lively.
Do you remember last time you had fruits and vegetables to feed the nourishment to the body? we neglect the fact that our body is in constant need of such nutrients especially in such stress and lockdown situations. these vitamins and minerals not only in constant demands ut also they are destroyed or used up by our immune system to fight against the culprits that enter our body.
- Raw fruits and vegetables are the best way to make sure we can get all the essential live cells to enter our body (organic preferably).
- Juice vs blends having the blends properly known as smoothies are best as all the fibres and other cells are intact,
- wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly to avoid chemicals, waxes, or COVID-19 out of the picture.
- It is recommended to have 0.2g of Vitamin C every day that can be provided with one medium-sized Guava, two oranges, or four tomatoes.
- Having greens and colourful veggies not only makes it attractive but also helps in feeding the nourishment to the body.
#4 Exercise the hell out of stress and extra pounds
The exercise we all love its after-effects but actually doing it sounds like a pain in our butts especially at home as we are not that much motivated to enjoy its after-effects hope this helps you get your health back on track.
- feeling lethargic: cut those extra carbs and start drinking more water you will feel energetic to make the first move towards a healthy body.
- feel like not having too much space at home: Yoga is answers to all it required least space and pieces of equipment to work .
- Do you feel bored by similar exercise: now it’s the time to use the power of the internet as its full of new ideas for making it more effective and interesting.
- Do you feel joint pains: its time you make the first move slow and easy increase the load as you start feeling comfortable.
- Add variety to your workout: yoga, karate, Tabata, HIIT, Pilates, dancing all are amazing.
Stay home Stay safe…